tisdag 26 mars 2013

Einsteinian Contradictions 4


Einstein handled the many paradoxes or contradictions of his relativity theory by carefully designed sentences intended to pull the carpet under his critics by mixing illusion with reality, insanity with rationality, imagination with observation/experienec, and humbleness with megalomania, exemplified in the following Einstein quotes:      
  • Time is an illusion. 
  • If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't understand it yourself.
  • You do not really understand something unless you can explain it to your grandmother. 
  • Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one. 
  • The only reason for time is so that everything doesn’t happen at once. 
  • I never made one of my discoveries through the process of rational thinking.
  • Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better. 
  • Time and space are modes by which we think and not conditions in which we live. 
  • Imagination is the highest form of research. 
  • Am I, or the others crazy? 
  • The only real valuable thing is intuition. 
  • If at first the idea is not absurd, then there is no hope for it. 
  • For an idea that does not first seem insane, there is no hope. 
  • When I examine myself and my methods of thought, I come to the conclusion that the gift of fantasy has meant more to me than any talent for abstract, positive thinking. 
  • I believe in intuitions and inspirations...I sometimes FEEL that I am right. I do not KNOW that I am. 
  • A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be. 
  • A true genius admits that he/she knows nothing.
  • The only source of knowledge is experience. 
  • The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination.
  • Truth is what stands the test of experience.  
  • If I could do it all again, I'd be a plumber. 
  • Imagination is more important than Knowledge. 
  • I asked myself childish questions and proceeded to answer them. 
  • I don't pretend to understand the universe — it's much bigger than I am. 
  • I know quite certainly that I myself have no special talent; curiosity, obsession and dogged endurance, combined with self-criticism, have brought me to my ideas. 
  • I am not a genius, I am just curious. I ask many questions. and when the answer is simple, then God is answering. 
  • Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world.
  • The man with the greatest soul will always face the greatest war with the low minded person. 
  • I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious. 
  • I didn't arrive at my understanding of the fundamental laws of the universe through my rational mind. 
  • Something deeply hidden had to be behind things. 
  • Why is it that no one understands me and everybody likes me
  • The gift of fantasy has meant more to me than my talent for absorbing positive knowledge. 
  • To invent something, all you need is imagination and a big pile of junk. 
  • In the matter of physics, the first lessons should contain nothing but what is experimental and interesting to see. A pretty experiment is in itself often more valuable than twenty formulae extracted from our minds.
  • The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. 
  • Beyond the realms of what we see, into the regions or the unexplored limited only by our imaginations. 
  • Nonsense, seems to sum up everything. 
  • In my view, it is the most important function of art and science to awaken this religious feeling and keep it alive in those who are receptive to it. 
  • Equations are more important to me, because politics is for the present, but an equation is something for eternity. 
  • In scientific thinking are always present elements of poetry. Science and music requires a thought homogeneous.
  • Logic will get you from A to B, but imagination will take you anywhere. 
  • If you can't explain something simply, you don't understand it. 

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar